Sunday 23 November 2008

New Niece and Thoughts on the Return

I have a new neice! She's tiny and beautiful and wonderful and I can't wait to meet her. She is one of the many things complicating the fact that I'm leaving London in three weeks. I am managing to have two extreme, conflicting emotions at once. I am really excited to go home, hold Amelia, watch movies with Ben, bug my parents, drive my car, all those great things. But at the same time I am extremely sad that this abroad adventure is ending. I really do like it here, living in the middle of the city and having so much awesome stuff at my fingertips. I think this is the best position to be in, though, because it means that both places, London and home, are both awesome. If I wasn't both sad and excited it would mean that I wasn't happy in one of those places.

I had a pretty good week, full of work and stressing/working on my big paper. At work I'm researching pictures for a book on cleaning tips. This, in comparison to researching Morocco, is boring. I mean really, who wants to look at hundreds of pictures of showerheads or car tires or carpet? But I am doing something important for the production of the book, which is a cool feeling. I went to a couple of libraries this week to do research for my paper, and it was fun exploring around with a map to find these different places. Now I actually have to read my sources, oh, and write the paper. Ugh. I'd really much prefer just enjoying my last few weeks in London. Thanks, Grinnell.

On Friday I got to go to the London temple, which was pretty cool. Going to the temple gives you such a feeling of peace and rightness. I love it. Yesterday I hung out with some church peeps; we ate chinese food and played sardines in our six story church building. Tons of fun.

I know this is a really short entry, but there really isn't that much to report in my life. See you all soon! (whether that is too soon or not soon enough, I have no coherent opinion).

Love,

No comments: