Wednesday 20 August 2008

Greetings From the UK

To appease the requests of the multitude who seek a peek into my oh-so fascinating life:

Look out world, someone let Katie have a blog.

Molly and I arrived in London yesterday morning, after a night on the plane with little sleep. Due to some sort of error along the way, I was in first class, which was quite odd. Not only was I the younges person in the section by about 30 years, but I felt much too unsophisticated. The meal was multiple courses and they even put a "table cloth" over my tray table. Weird.

Our flat is nice, larger and nicer than we all expected. It's long and spread out, which means we have to walk a ways from the kitchen to the dining/living room, but that also means that we're not sitting on top of and bumping into each other all the time. We live just a few blocks south of Regents Park, which we discovered today is quite green and beautiful.

The last two days have been mostly exploring the streets of London, getting lost and unlost, and not getting hit by the crazy drivers. Molly and I got asked for directions twice - we must not look like tourists :)

We also discovered today that brits would call Molly's suspenders braces and that we shouldn't call out pants pants because that means underwear, but to call them trousers instead. Seems like we could get into trouble with the second one.

Hope you all are rocking the states!

1 comment:

:) Sonrie said...

hey katie, yay so glad you're having so much fuN!!! hee hee!! well hope you're doing great, and that everything is fine with you!! I love you, I miss you too, but hope to see you soon, but not too soon as you said lol!!