Saturday 23 August 2008

Today, Peanut Butter. Tomorrow, maybe Peas

Orientation yesterday was kind of boring. It wasn't class stuff, but I have lots of opinions about that anyway. I often feel like stuff like that would be way more useful like a third of the way through the semester. Seriously, who remembers stuff from the first few days of classes. I always write stuff on my syllabus about what the teachers' late policies are and I get all stressed about all the stuff I have to do. Of course, I forget it all immediately. Those first few days of classes (which, remember, I have not yet done for this semester) are more full of more forgotten information (did that make sense) than any other days.

Also- Italian Job is about the coolest movie. Heist movies rock. Even more than a monkey, I want to do that!

Today, we found a huge grocery store that even had peanut butter. It was quite a walk from our flat, but still, peanut butter. I bet they have hummus and frozen peas too. Don't worry, I won't eat them together. We also found an awesome old used bookstore that not only had two copies of Timon of Athens, but also that perfect old book smell. It's one of those smells that triggers an all around state of well being, like the way Anna's car smells, or the cabin. A very productive day of adventuring.

Sleep well!

1 comment:

Hans said...

Being in the UK sounds quite exciting! Are you studying abroad there?

And yes, orientation can be boring...I'm back early supposedly helping with some orientation events for freshmen, and even I'm bored outta my mind -_-

-- your friendly IT staff(intern) at IC