Monday 25 August 2008

Lost in a Stinky Crowd and at the Symphony

I think I just might become a symphony addict. We went this evening and it was absolutely wonderful. Enchanting. Bewitching. I tell people that rock concerts are better when you know the words, and it's the same with classical music. The first composer we listened to (prokofiev), I'd never even heard of him, but the second selection was Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 in E minor, which I have a recording of. It was amazing to get lost in the music, and knowing the music made it so much better.

Earlier in the day, we went to the Notting Hill Carnival, which was not amazing. It was crowded, loud, dirty, and stinky. Plus, a little girl who shouldn't have been there mushed her ice cream cone on my pants. Eww. Well, I can say I went, and I can say that I'll never go back.

Classes start tomorrow with mixed feelings from Katie. I'm glad to be getting back into academia, but at the same time, I'll miss wondering around and spending all day exploring London. I'm only taking three classes this semester, so there will still be plenty of time to wander.

Cadbury still rocks.

No comments: