Saturday 30 August 2008

Remiss in My Duty

Please forgive me for slacking in my responsibility of keeping you all informed. Classes have started, and without sounding too dour, fun and free time have ended. For all that, my classes are going pretty well. Shakespeare is cool, my prof is both knowledgable and passionate (a necessary and lucky combination) and we've read Midsummer Night's Dream, which I liked. We got to go see that play at the Globe, one of the many late nights I've had this week. History of London looks to be pretty neat too - the prof is just full of fascinating little facts. We have two class meetings a week, one lecture, and the other that is a walk around a part of London with our prof teaching us about the city. It's totally awesome. My Poli Sci class is going to give me a run for my money this semester; it's full of smart poli sci majors and I'm just not that educated in this subject.

Another night this week we went to the musical The Harder They Come. I would not reccommend it. The music was amazing, stunning voices (although it was reggae, so it all sounded the same) but the story was stupid. The audience had no reason to like the main character, he was cocky and stupid, and the whole political backstory left so much to be desired that we had no reason to care.

Today we took a boat down the river Thames to Greenwich, which was pretty cool. We spent most of the day in too large a group, not a good plan (herding 7 people, some of them particularly pokey, through a museum can be tricky) but once we split into smaller groups I had a much better time. I got a little sunburned though - certainly didn't think that would happen in London! Where's the famous british rain?

I hope all is going wonderfully for you in the states. I miss you guys a ton!

Yeah Saturday.

No comments: