Sunday 7 September 2008

Adventures, Sorry

Greetings All! Sorry I've been lax in my duties; a series of long days led to exhausted nights and no interest in removing myself from my cozy bed to blog once I'd realized I'd forgotten.

Thursday we were groundlings. We saw Timon of Athens at the Globe, standing in the middle. Considering the raw material they had to work with, the play was actually pretty good. The guy who played Timon was quite good (he managed to make me like the character) and Apemantus was everything I could have hoped for. Being on the ground meant that many of the actors entered and exited through us. We all happened to be standing right on a line that they used a lot, so we were stepping out the way for actors coming through. It was very odd getting so close to them, but it was also really cool. The set was also really cool; there was a net suspended above the audience that actors on ropes dropped through into the groundlings. Pretty sweet.

It poured on Friday - Erin and I walking to the British Museum got completly soaked. After slogging through wet all morning, our afternoon visit to Fleet Street was actually quite pleasant. All told, not the most fascinating of days.

Yesterday was a grand adventure to Hampton Court Palace. I know I'm a nerd, but it was totally cool getting tours around a place where Henry 8 lived. We traveled there by train and I came to the realization that I love travel, just moving in general. Driving, train, flying, the tube, I love it all. Hampton Court was rather expensive, but it was totally worth it.

Church today, that and trying to get myself to do work. Homework on the weekends really just doesn't compute. Ah well. I'm going to try and figure out how to post pictures on this to share my adventures with you visually. I hope all is well in the states!

Love,

A traveling groundling

No comments: