Wednesday 17 September 2008

Already a Month

It's hard to comprehend that I have already been here a month. Time has just flown by! I hope the rest of this adventure don't go so quickly - it'll be over before I know it! Lonodn is so amazing, I love it here.

Last night we saw a play called War Horse, and it was totally amazing. It included these horse frames that were manipulated by three men, one for the back legs, one for the front, and one for the head and ears. They did the best job of making them move like real horses; a few times during the play I actually got convinced that they really were horses. They even mastered things like the subtle shifting from foot to foot and the breathing that are so intrinsically horse. It made me miss Chloe and Mickey! Over the course of the play, one of the horses died and the men who were manipulating him slowly climbed out of the frame and walked away - it was such a heart rending moment. Unfortunately, the evening once again included the tag along; we just don't know what to do about that issue. Ah well.

Today continued the crazy busy week - I had my interview with the company I'll have my internship with. It wasn't a real interview, more of just a meet and discuss the position thing. The company is rather small and specializes mainly in nonfiction and stationary. It's not quite what I want to do, but it'll still give me useful experience in the industry.

Molly and I are off to explore Bath tomorrow after yet another play. This means that I won't be near my computer for a few days, but never fear, I will have much to report come Sunday. I'm excited; we're taking the train out, which I love, and we're staying in a youth hostel, which I am intrigued about.

Happy monthaversary!

No comments: